1544 637 008 cropped

The Liquor Control Act 1988 (the Act) outlines the regulation of the sale, supply and consumption of liquor. Applications for a liquor licence in WA must be made to the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries.

Douglas Cheveralls have experience in applying for liquor licences for restaurants, taverns, small bars and other kinds of licenced venues. Douglas Cheveralls also provide advice regarding issues surrounding liquor licences.

Since liquor licensing is complex, it is recommended that you engage a lawyer with experience who can give you advice on the type of license to apply for, the costs associated with such license application, and the best way to maximise your chances of success.

Our lawyers can provide advice for those seeking or managing liquor licenses, including:

  • Advice regarding breaches of the Act or regulations;
  • Disputes regarding liquor licences (for example, between landlord and tenant);
  • Advice on restaurant, catering and nightclub liquor licensing laws
  • Advice on managing the risks involved in being a licensee, including occupational health and safety concerns and public liability concerns
  • Liquor licence applications and transfers
  • Variations to liquor license conditions such as change of trading hours, change to area or size of the premises, or change of the general conditions of the license
  • Public interest assessment
  • Suspension or infringement of liquor license
  • Liquor license compliance