Employment and workplace law is a continually developing and changing area of the law. Changes in government usually result in substantial rewriting of the legal relationship between employers and employees.
Douglas Cheveralls advise employers, especially medium sized and small businesses, regarding compliance with the changing law, and how to prevent and deal with disputes between employers and employees.
Douglas Cheveralls is the trusted advisor of many business owners and managers. A quick consultation with one of our lawyers about an issue in the workplace can avoid disruption to your business or a costly and time consuming legal dispute.
Click on the following links to read some of our articles on topics related to employment:
- Does your employment contract measure up?
- Understanding Unfair Dismissal Claims
- What is sexual harassment?
- Employee or Contractor – do you know the difference?
- New Anti Bullying Laws
- Avoiding Redundancy Traps
We advise on the following areas of employment and industrial relations law:
- Unfair dismissal, bullying and general protection claims under the Fair Work Act
- Litigation and dispute resolution
- Regulations and compliance
- Redundancy and redeployment
- Performance management
- Investigations of alleged misconduct, discrimination, harassment, fraud, and bullying
- Termination of employment, confidentiality, and post-termination restraints
- Work practice changes
- Interpreting, advising and drafting employment contracts and executive service contracts
- Advising on workplace policies
- Negotiating release conditions and drafting release documentation
- Employee entitlements on a transfer of business