Douglas Cheveralls is experienced in dispute resolution and litigation in state and federal courts and tribunals.
A significant part of what we do is assist our clients to resolve dispute before they go to court, using strategies learned from long experience including mediation and negotiation.
If you do have to go to court, we can tailor our approach according to the size of your dispute and your budget. For larger disputes, we can draw on resources, including paralegals, Counsel and Senior Counsel as required, to ensure that you have the best possible legal team. For smaller disputes (for example in the Magistrates Court, arbitrations, adjudications and tribunals such as the State Administrative Tribunal), we can provide extremely cost-effective representation, or advise you and support you if you want to represent yourself.
Our litigation and dispute resolution practice includes:
- All types of business and commercial disputes
- Construction (including arbitrations and adjudications under the Construction Contracts Act)
- Partnership and shareholder disputes
- Urgent injunctions and freezing orders
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Trade Practices & Restraint of Trade
- Competition Law
- Defamation and Privacy
- Private & Commercial Property Disputes
- Intellectual Property & Franchising
- Wills, Trusts & Estate (Probate)
- Building & Council Disputes
- Commercial and Corporate Litigation
- Employment and Workplace Relations, including bullying and unfair dismissal
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency
- Town Planning Litigation
Check out some of our articles on topics relevant to dispute resolution: