BA (Hons), PhD, LLB (Hons 1st class)
Guy specialises in commercial litigation and dispute resolution. His areas of practice include property and leasing, building and construction (including arbitrations and adjudications), professional negligence, deceased estates and trusts, employment law, corporations, planning and general contractual disputes.
Guy regularly appears as counsel in federal and state courts and tribunals in Western Australia.
In addition to acting for clients in court actions and tribunals, Guy also brings his experience in legal disputes to structuring agreements and drafting legal documents designed to anticipate and prevent costly legal disputes.
Guy founded the firm in 2013, and was previously a partner at Hotchkin Hanly lawyers, and before that, he was a lawyer at Mallesons Stephen Jaques (now King and Wood Mallesons), in Perth and in Melbourne.
The vast majority of cases settle before a hearing, and most court hearings don’t result in a published decision, but below are some examples of published decisions where Guy appeared as counsel in courts and tribunals and secured a successful outcome on behalf of his client:
- McManus and Local Government Standards Panel  WASAT 50
- Hodsdon and Local Government Standards Panel  WASAT 49
- Strzelecki Holdings Pty Ltd -v- Beach Cafe Investments Pty Ltd  WADC 132
- McBurney -v- Variety WA Incorporated  WASC 57
- Consolaro -v- Consolaro [No 2]  WASC 320
- Shen -v- Coventry Village Pty Ltd  WADC 147
- Martincic -v- Marusco  WASCA 133
- Ziverts -v- City Of Albany  WASC 94
- Nhung Huy Duong and Coventry Village Pty Ltd  WASAT 32
- Coventry Village Pty Ltd -v- R-Australia Group Pty Ltd  WADC 34
- The Owners of Raffles Waterfront Strata PLAN 48545 and Topic  WASAT 30
- Kyra Phillips -v- MVJ Enterprises Pty Ltd  WAIRComm 204
- Strzelecki Holdings Pty Ltd -v- Clark  WADC 153
- BGC (Australia) Pty Ltd -v- Marsh  WADC 133
- Strzelecki Holdings Pty Ltd -v- Mark Anthony  WADC 87
- Strzelecki Holdings Pty Ltd -v- Jorgensen  WADC 121
- Strzelecki Holdings Pty Ltd -v- Wiebel  WADC 27
- Rohanna Pty Ltd -v- Nu-Steel Homes Adelaide Pty Ltd  WASC 109
- Bradley and Burran Construction Pty Ltd  WASAT 51
- Chen -v- Awap Sgt 26 Investment Ltd  WASC 230
- Primewest (Lot 4 Davidson Street Kalgoorlie) Pty Ltd -v- Broadwater Hospitality Management Pty Ltd  WASC 304
- Boase -v- Axis International Management Pty Ltd  WASC 331
- Gullotti v Coad (No.2)  FMCA 750 (18 May 2007)
- Gullotti v Coad  FMCA 525 (11 April 2007)