Douglas Cheveralls Lawyers has experience in drafting and advising about a wide range of commercial contracts.
When you are entering into any kind of transaction, whether for business, personal or investment purposes, it is very important that you have a written agreement that can be understood by the parties, and takes into account relevant legislation.
A large proportion of legal disputes arise because the people involved did not properly communicate and document the agreed terms. A simple loan agreement between family members can be written on a single page, and prevent future disagreements and unnecessary heartache.
If you are in business, and are presented with a complicated contract, it is important that you have it reviewed by an experienced lawyer to ensure that your rights and interests are protected.
When you start a business venture, it is very important that you get a partnership agreement, or shareholders agreement, with your business partners.
Some of the agreements we regularly draft, or provide advice about, include:
- Terms and Conditions
- Business Sale agreements / Merger agreements
- Subcontractor agreements / Employment agreements
- NDAs and confidentiality deeds
- Loan or investment agreements
- Shareholders’ agreements / Partnership agreements
- Intellectual property agreements
- Licence and distribution agreements
- Commercial and Industrial leases and subleases
- Franchise agreements and Disclosure Documents
- Software agreements
Please contact us to discuss your transactional needs – your contract terms – before signing any deal. After a contract is signed it may be too late.