BA(Hons), PhD, LLB(Hons 1st class)
Guy specialises in commercial litigation and dispute resolution and advises regarding property and leasing, building and construction (including arbitrations and adjudications), professional negligence, employment law, corporations, planning and general contractual disputes.
Guy regularly appears as counsel in federal and state courts and tribunals in Western Australia.
In addition to acting for clients in court actions and tribunals, Guy also brings his experience in legal disputes to structuring agreements and drafting legal documents designed to anticipate and prevent costly legal disputes.
Guy was previously a partner at Hotchkin Hanly lawyers, and before that, he was a lawyer at Mallesons Stephen Jaques (now King and Wood Mallesons), in Perth and in Melbourne.
The vast majority of cases settle before a hearing, and most court hearings don’t result in a published decision, but below are some examples of published decisions where Guy appeared as counsel in courts and tribunals and secured a successful outcome on behalf of his client:
- MARTINCIC -v- MARUSCO  WASCA 133 (22 July 2016)
- Nhung Huy Duong and Coventry Village Pty Ltd  WASAT 32 (8 April 2016)
- Kyra Phillips -v- MVJ Enterprises Pty Ltd  WAIRComm 204 (26 February 2015)
- ZIVERTS -v- CITY OF ALBANY  WASC 94 (30 March 2016)
- BGC (AUSTRALIA) PTY LTD -v- MARSH  WADC 133 (21 August 2013)
- PRIMEWEST (LOT 4 DAVIDSON STREET KALGOORLIE) PTY LTD -v- BROADWATER HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT PTY LTD  WASC 304 (13 October 2009)
- STRZELECKI HOLDINGS PTY LTD -v- CLARK  WADC 153 (10 November 2014)
- STRZELECKI HOLDINGS PTY LTD -v- MARK ANTHONY  WADC 87 (7 June 2013)
- STRZELECKI HOLDINGS PTY LTD -v- JORGENSEN  WADC 121 (26 July 2013)
- STRZELECKI HOLDINGS PTY LTD -v- WIEBEL  WADC 27 (26 February 2013)
- BOASE -v- AXIS INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT PTY LTD  WASC 331 (12 November 2009)
- BRADLEY and BURRAN CONSTRUCTION PTY LTD  WASAT 51 (31 March 2011)
- CHEN -v- AWAP SGT 26 INVESTMENT LTD  WASC 230 (3 September 2010)
- ROHANNA PTY LTD -v- NU-STEEL HOMES ADELAIDE PTY LTD  WASC 109 (2 April 2013)
- Gullotti v Coad (No.2)  FMCA 750 (18 May 2007)
- Gullotti v Coad  FMCA 525 (11 April 2007)